What should you do when your Charlotte home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your home – and your loved ones – against the various risks you may encounter, like theft, fire, and flooding. Even though your home may be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Charlotte home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be jarring, confusing, and could cause panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and adhere to these simple tips.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Charlotte Triggers
It’s a circumstance no resident wishes to be in, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system originally. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. Now what is your next move?
- Stay calm. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the best way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency alone and let your monitoring specialists and first responders carry out their job.
- Take care of your family members. Your main focus should be your loved ones and leading them to safety. In the event of a break-in, this might mean moving to a predetermined safe zone as far from access points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm already scared off the invader, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or flames, you need to vacate your home immediately.
- Remember your cell phone. These days, almost all homeowners have their smartphones at all times, but you may fail to take it during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring experts and obtain updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Charlotte goes off, your 24/7 monitoring professionals will act immediately. Their first move is to validate your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The guideline they adhere to depends on the type of emergency. For instance, when a medical emergency is initiated, one attempt will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are sent out. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most typical sort of event - a monitoring professional will follow these procedures to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you via the central command panel. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that isn’t successful, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area law enforcement officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again once the proper authorities are notified.
If you're not in a situation where you can converse with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Assistance will still be dispatched even if you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Charlotte
Be prepared for any emergency with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Charlotte from Vivint. Dial (704) 457-8797 to begin customizing your home’s defense today.