What to do to cut down on false alarms in Charlotte
False alarms may become a real concern for home security systems. They're not only a pain to resolve, but they might even erode the confidence you have in your alarms. Fortunately, you may do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Charlotte sensors and alarms.
As the first step, make sure that your devices connected correctly. This process may appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that overlooked miscues result in false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on possible causes of false alarms, like entry points that might be left ajar by accident. And finally, don't hesitate to integrate the extra tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Charlotte.
Might it be really that simple? Continue on and find out.
Many false alarms in Charlotte can be avoided
Like diagnosing any issue, the first thing to do is review the manual. Ensure all devices are set up appropriately from your perspective by:
- Performing a checkup through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Manually check each device to ensure it didn't become dislodged or need a battery change.
- Inspect your preset schedules to ensure that your alarms aren’t activating at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all new smart components are incorporated in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Contact your service specialist if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Charlotte security system. They'll be happy to schedule a tehnician to inspect your system.
Check your windows and doors
When your configuration appears to be alright, the ensuing measure is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your doors and widows tightly secured, or might there be a few mistakenly ajar? If an entrance remains open, it could trigger an activated sensor. In the event your clan routinely neglects to shut an entry point, you can install a smart locking system that secures automatically when the alarm is activated. Unfortunately, windows take additional physical effort, particularly if you have someone who likes to fall asleep with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it easy to turn off that alarm while still shielding the remainder of the property.
Home automation tends to be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Charlotte
One of the smartest ways to reduce the chance of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you’re able to:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms that result from absentmindedly opening an entry point. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Program the alarm to disarm as your smart lock is activated with the proper PIN.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm as you leave the driveway, then disengage when you return.
- Receive mobile updates when your devices detect uncommon motion or have need of a fresh battery.
- Link your home security to a smart home speaker, so you can turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Charlotte by switching to a Vivint smart home system
Increased control over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint smart home, reach out to (704) 457-8797 or submit the following form.