Are wireless smart homes in Charlotte a good idea?
Not so long ago, home security systems were restricted to wired components joined through a lengthy installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless advancements have revolutionized the industry and opened up a multitude of new possibilities for residents.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Charlotte is a good option for you? See what you ought to know about going wireless.
What to know before deciding to go wireless
The foundation of any wireless network is a secure link to the internet. Dependable, high-speed internet and a quality wireless router are the principal components you’ll need. If you haven’t upgraded your router in a couple of years, consider making the change now to benefit from the newest performance enhancements.
If you dwell in a location without dependable fast internet or cell coverage, you might be better suited with a wired installation. Or, if you move into a residence that is already wired for security, it may make sense from a financial standpoint to stay with that arrangement.
Internet and electrical outages can occur regardless of where you live. With this in mind, find security systems with cell and battery backups to stay connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Charlotte?
The main goal of any home security system is to defend your loved ones from threats like theft and fire. You can do this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to take advantage of the most recent innovations, a wireless smart home is your best option. When you install a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to secure your entryways or view real-time video from your phone? A wireless smart home offers a degree of access you’ve never seen. You can inspect or change settings of any integrated devices remotely, like your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant alerts: Not only can you access your system, but it can also access you. If a sensor is activated, an update will be sent instantly to your mobile device app. You’ll always know when the system goes off, no matter your location.
● Flexibility and scalability: Different from wired devices, you can install wireless ones just about anywhere. Want to have a video camera on your desk or in your child’s room? No sweat! It’s also easy to remove or add devices from your wireless smart home.
Possible disadvantages of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Charlotte have proven reliable and beneficial, there are some potential shortcomings. You should consider the following:
● You may need to change batteries. If you use battery-powered devices, there’s always the chance of failure when the battery dies. However, smart components will let you know when power is dwindling and usually last for several years without needing a replacement.
● Device placement. There could be a limit on how far you are able to place wireless components away from the centralized command hub. This won’t be a concern in the majority of homes, but you should inquire about the distance before making a decision.
● Risk of online hacking. Just like any computer network, the threat of hacking is present. But you can significantly minimize this risk by using secure passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Charlotte today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can provide by customizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll appreciate being able to monitor and control your Charlotte security system from any location. Dial (704) 457-8797 to get started.